Digital technology is no longer just another tool in the IT, marketing, sales or service toolbox to engage, inspire and attract customers. It is becoming the foundation of entirely new ways of doing business as well as giving rise to entirely new businesses. There could be 100 billion connected devices expected by 2025, leading towards a trillion sensor ecosystem. 1 billion digital natives are expected to join the workforce over the next 7 years. In a hyper-connected era of mobile, social, cloud, big data, and the Internet of Things, future growth will depend on platform business models.
Axway (Euronext: AXW.PA) empowers more than 11,000 customers worldwide to unleash their data for smarter collaboration, faster innovation and better engagement with their ecosystem of partners, developers and customers. From integration technology that securely connects people, processes and things to an engagement platform that enables API management, identity management, mobile app development and analytics, Axway solutions are enabling digital business. Axway is registered in France with headquarters in the United States. More information is available at: www.axway.com.
Axway is seeking a Senior User Experience Architect to lead the design and development of an exceptional, state-of-the-art user experience for our digital platform. Our culture is customer centric, international and collaborative and we typically work across different languages, time zones, and departments on a daily basis. Working closely with leaders in Product Management, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience and R&D, the Senior UX Architect will play a pivotal role in defining delightful experiences across the Axway digital ecosystem, as well as standardizing the user experience of our products and solutions. This role will report to the Vice President, Customer & User Experience and partner closely with the Vice President, Platform Innovation & Technology.
1. Formulate the end-to-end user experience vision for the Axway Platform. Collaborating with the leadership team, the Senior UX architect will help articulate Axway’s vision for digital business products and services with hands-on development of persona-driven journey maps, storyboards and interactive prototypes. Using customer and market research, he or she will facilitate understanding of customer and user expectations among stakeholders, linking expectations to product requirements.
2. Standardize the UX architecture for cloud-connected (on-premise) products, cloud solutions, and the digital ecosystem, from website to support and community portals to mobile apps. Applying intimate knowledge of underling data and integration technology to reimagine user interaction patterns, time-saving navigation approaches, and user onboarding aids. Working closely with the Customer and User Experience team members, as well as with users and other internal experts, the Senior UX architect will define common patterns for touchpoints throughout the end-to-end user experience.
3. Drive innovative user experience practices, helping to instill a true design culture at all levels. Communicating broadly on design best practices as well as current trends, the Senior UX architect will contribute to Axway's transformation by helping evangelize the importance of user experience and exceptional design.
4. Define metrics for measuring and tracking key UX indicators across products and services.
5. Safeguard Axway and Axway customer data through compliance with Axway policies and the appropriate use of Axway equipment and facilities
A big picture thinker with an innovative mindset, coupled with a passion for creating products that are efficient, effective, and essential.
Demonstrated experience applying systems thinking to design problems and working in a highly technical domain.
Curious about user behavior, seeks a clear understanding of the design problem, project objectives and value to the customer. Celebrates customer satisfaction.
Doesn't shy away from complex problems, but also has a knack for reducing complexity through design and excellent visual, written, and spoken communication, as well as via strong sketching, storyboarding, and prototyping skills.
A team player, who acknowledges diverse viewpoints, works constructively to accommodate stakeholders' goals and constraints and has demonstrated effectiveness on a geographically distributed team.
Takes an inclusive, open-minded and listen-first approach to ensure shared ownership and effectively motivating key stakeholders to execute the platform strategy. Invests time and resources in the team to help people realize their best achievements.
Continues learning and adapting to change by being receptive to coaching to address gaps and proactively develop desired proficiencies for yourself and your team.
Passionate and inspirational communication skills with a strong aptitude for hands-on creation of compelling visual and persuasive written content for internal and external consumption.
Required Education / Experience:
Formalized training in User-Centered Design, Systems Analysis, Visual Arts, or related discipline.
8+ years of experience practicing a range of UX techniques and methods, such as information architecture, card sorting, user journey maps, experience maps, task flows, user interviews, persona development, lo-fi / hi-fi user prototyping, design facilitation, usability inspection, user testing, mental models, UX metrics, mobile-first design, style guides, design patterns, etc.
3+ years in a design lead position on an agile software development team.
Experience designing mobile and cloud-based experiences, accessible interfaces, and cross-platform applications is highly beneficial.
Conceptual knowledge of API management, MFT, and B2B integration is advantageous.
Experience in a well-known start-up which has grown to over $100M in revenues is preferred.
Fluent in English required. Fluency in French is an asset.
Axway is an Equal Opportunity Employer