Digital technology is no longer just another tool in the IT, marketing, sales or service toolbox to engage, inspire and attract customers. It is becoming the foundation of entirely new ways of doing business as well as giving rise to entirely new businesses. There could be 100 billion connected devices expected by 2025, leading towards a trillion sensor ecosystem. 1 billion digital natives are expected to join the workforce over the next 7 years. In a hyper-connected era of mobile, social, cloud, big data, and the Internet of Things, future growth will depend on platform business models.
Axway (Euronext: AXW.PA) is a catalyst for transformation. With Axway AMPLIFY™, our cloud-enabled data integration and engagement platform, leading brands better anticipate, adapt and scale to meet ever-changing customer expectations. Our unified, API-first approach connects data from anywhere, fuels millions of apps and delivers real-time analytics to build customer experience networks. From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries. To learn more about Axway, visit www.axway.com.
Why join Axway:
We are looking for a Principal UX Architect to join us in Santa Clara and take our products to the next level of user-centric design. We want you to contribute to the design process by developing proper approaches to hypothesis testing and data validation. We want you to help our teams to bring UX and design practices into everything we build and we want you to contribute to our learning culture by helping our teams understand the impact to user experience of their work.
We need you to understand developers not only as your peers, but also as your end-users. Our customers are highly technical, and they rely on us to understand best practices in their field and to be sympathetic to industry trends in software development and architecture. In addition to this, we need to be able to express the business value of what our customers create so that they can make intelligent choices. The user experience challenge is to create a model that people with different needs and wants can understand.
As a leader of user experience initiatives and projects you will:
Conduct UX interviews directly and help our development teams learn how to do this themselves.
· Work iteratively and collaboratively with product management and development teams to develop prototypes and specifications for all interfaces between our products and their users.
Develop an end-to-end perspective of the journeys users take through our systems, covering all touchpoints (installation process, command-line interactions, API interactions, graphical interactions) and effectively communicate this to the organization in terms of mental maps and user flows.
· Contribute to the company-wide standards, guidelines and libraries for UX and drive their improvement.
· Contribute to culture transformation by evangelizing the importance of user experience and exceptional design.
· You can explain formal approaches to UX problems and have formed opinions on how best to apply them. You also understand UX patterns and anti-patterns and can discuss their applicability to product designs.
· You have experience of different modes of user testing and an ability to apply them at the right time to the right problem.
· You can design intelligent user interactions on multiple types of interfaces and you can communicate the rationale for your decisions.
· Ability to prototype using the right fidelity for the project's current needs, such as, sketch, low-fi, mid-fi.
· Good understanding of HTML and CSS will help you understand development constraints.
· Experience working on enterprise software products essential. You will be expected to tackle complex problems inherent in enterprise software.
· Experience in areas of developer tooling important.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is essential).
· Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, distributed environment.
· You are an eager learner who constantly seeks to increase knowledge and skill set.
At Away we know our employees are our most important asset. Employee career development is an important part of the Axway culture. We strive to promote from within, helping employees to create and follow a career path that is fulfilling to them, and meets company goals. Our global presence also creates career opportunities in other countries that employees are encouraged to explore. We provide a creative and flexible working environment where people are empowered to make a difference.
Axway is an AA and Equal Opportunity Employer