Digital technology is no longer just another tool in the IT, marketing, sales or service toolbox to engage, inspire and attract customers. It is becoming the foundation of entirely new ways of doing business as well as giving rise to entirely new businesses. There could be 100 billion connected devices expected by 2025, leading towards a trillion sensor ecosystem. 1 billion digital natives are expected to join the workforce over the next 7 years. In a hyper-connected era of mobile, social, cloud, big data, and the Internet of Things, future growth will depend on platform business models.
Axway (Euronext: AXW.PA) is a catalyst for transformation. With Axway AMPLIFY™, our cloud-enabled data integration and engagement platform, leading brands better anticipate, adapt and scale to meet ever-changing customer expectations. Our unified, API-first approach connects data from anywhere, fuels millions of apps and delivers real-time analytics to build customer experience networks. From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries. To learn more about Axway, visit www.axway.com.
We’re not saying it’s going to be easy
But we promise it’s going to be exciting!
We pride ourselves with providing new challenges all the time for our Engineers. This is the kind of place where we want to change the world with the right lines of code. Insane passion, curiosity, and thirst for breaking barriers feel like home here at Axway.
Our mission is simple – Deliver secure, highly available products for Axway’s Digital Business Platform. These products run *everywhere* so you will apply DevOps best practices to fully automate the build, deployment, QA and delivery and generate metrics from containers, hypervisors, cloud and physical devices. Are you up to the challenge of delivering the strategic products that drive Axway’s Digital Business Platform? If so, please continue reading.
The Cloud devOps Systems Engineer is a key member of Axway Digital Production Platform Team. The Cloud devOps Systems Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership on the team in the areas of day-to-day operations and project implementation, in partnership with other technical resources throughout Axway, to ensure all SLAs and client expectations are met or exceeded.
Axway’s Digital Production Platform organization is looking for a Cloud DevOps System Engineer that enjoys identifying, slashing, and monitoring technical debt to deliver secure, high-quality software products. We use virtualization, automation, configuration management and monitoring tools to improve efficiency, stability, and speed. Our team is highly collaborative and closely works with other R&D and Cloud Services organizations to provide the following services:
· Implementing and optimizing deployment pipelines, configuration management, monitoring and reporting tools to automate product deployments
· Building and running production and internal business critical services
· Provisioning hardware, storage and virtual environments
· Overseeing SaaS Platform service delivery
· Providing metrics, logging, and monitoring services for use by our engineering and services teams
Duties / Responsibilities:
You have a passion for designing repeatable delivery process and implementing frameworks that enable products to flow quickly and safely to production with user feedback loop capability. You are regarded as an expert with not only strong process and automation skills, but an approachable style as well. You are proactive, always seeking ways to improve and simplify process through automation. You enjoy being a technical lead and mentoring others on the team.
You will have experience supporting multiple product teams to fully automate the build, deployment, QA and delivery onto containers, hypervisors, cloud and physical devices. You have a strong software engineering background with solid linux systems experience that you’ll draw from to evangelize and drive DevOps best practices across the R&D product teams. In addition, you will:
Provide technical leadership in the CI/CD domains using Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, AWS, and Kubernetes
Be an evangelist for TDD, automation and reporting
Provide development and operational support to R&D and Cloud Services organizations where the CI, CD, and Management services are deployed on VMWare virtual machines, Docker containers, and AWS EC2 instances.
Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty
Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
· Minimum 7 years’ experience as a software engineer or developer.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with Linux distributions, RHEL / CentOS preferred.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience on AWS developing, deploying or administering cloud applications.
· Expert level programming in at least one programming language.
· Require minimal supervision and works well in an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Java build tools knowledge (Maven, GNU make).
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as bash, groovy, python, etc.
· Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
· Good understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, Interfaces, Routing).
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure on non-routine and highly complex tasks.
Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work in a multicultural team spread across the globe (Bulgaria, France, Romania, Ireland, US, etc.).
Safeguard Axway and Axway customer data through compliance with Axway policies and the appropriate use of Axway equipment and facilities.
Must be a lawful permanent resident with 3+ years of US residency or a US Citizen
Willing and able to obtain a US Government ‘Public Trust’ Clearance
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in CS/CE or equivalent
Axway is an EEO and AA Opportunity Employer