Digital technology is no longer just another tool in the IT, marketing, sales or service toolbox to engage, inspire and attract customers. It is becoming the foundation of entirely new ways of doing business as well as giving rise to entirely new businesses. There could be 100 billion connected devices expected by 2025, leading towards a trillion sensor ecosystem. 1 billion digital natives are expected to join the workforce over the next 7 years. In a hyper-connected era of mobile, social, cloud, big data, and the Internet of Things, future growth will depend on platform business models.
Axway (Euronext: AXW.PA) is a catalyst for transformation. With Axway AMPLIFY™, our cloud-enabled data integration and engagement platform, leading brands better anticipate, adapt and scale to meet ever-changing customer expectations. Our unified, API-first approach connects data from anywhere, fuels millions of apps and delivers real-time analytics to build customer experience networks. From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries. To learn more about Axway, visit www.axway.com.
Our mission is simple – Deliver secure, highly available products for Axway’s Digital Business Platform. These products run *everywhere* so you will apply DevOps best practices to fully automate the build, deployment, QA and delivery and generate metrics from containers, hypervisors, cloud and physical devices. Are you up to the challenge of delivering the strategic products that drive Axway’s Digital Business Platform? If so, please continue reading.
Axway R&D Phoenix is looking for a strong hands-on technical architect with excellent communication and collaboration skills who will help design and technically lead our next generation SaaS initiative.
• Work with other technical architects and engineers of the delivery teams to develop technical specifications and implementation plan for same. Ensure engineers are following best practice for robust SaaS solution design and development. You will be responsible for driving forward the solution and ensuring the design will meet our strategic long term goals. This is a hands-on role – you must be able to understand what is needed for the business, help craft the technical architecture that meets those needs, and work directly with the engineering delivery teams to bring the architecture to life in code. As an, one of the most important things you will be doing is working to contain the expansion of this complexity.
• Technical Guardian of Product: Ensure product performance, scalability, and supportability (maintenance, continuous deployment, diagnostics, availability…) are covered in the functional and technical design. Ensure sufficient and correct investment in these non-functional areas. Co-Owner of product technical strategy and chief negotiator with Product on high level logical product design to align with technical architecture.
• Play active key role in design of CI/CD process and tools to support the platform
• Support R&D Management: Work with management team to define technical strategy, technical debt evaluation, platform quality. Raise risks and concerns and collaboratively resolve.
• Work with Product Security Group on application security reviews and actions.
• Develop strategic vision of the architecture and the technologies within.
• Partner with the Cloud and TechOps teams on building adequate physical environment and infrastructure
• Evaluate new technologies, develop POC and demos.
• Stay current with a broad range of industry trends, technologies and architecture.
• Proven success delivering innovative and high quality technical designs and specifications for large scale, high volume SaaS platforms
• Excellent understanding of scalable cloud architectures
• Good experience with AWS technologies
• Deep understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD
• Experience with web technologies: HTTP/S, APIs, OAuth, REST, XML security, JSON, WSDL
• Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP/FTPs, etc.)
• Deep knowledge of API design and services-based architectures
• Keen interest in new technologies and open source tools
• Excellent communication skills (ability to be succinct, simple and confident)
• You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
• You solve problems with the right mix of creativity and pragmatism. You work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude. You take great pride in your work - You cultivate that same behavior in people you guide
• Ability to excite delivery teams about technical change and mentor engineers through delivery
• Experience leading technical design of commercial software and successful delivery of same
• Excellent mentoring and team building skills
• Hands-on experience of Agile software delivery methodologies
• Third level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Bachelors Degree preferred.
Axway is an EEO and AA Company