Axway Sentinel is a BAM, currently used and shipped to customers as a monitoring component within complex Axway solutions and is deployed on premise, as well as in the cloud. Sentinel provides both the functionality of data acquisition and the one of managing/monitoring this data through web applications (ex. generation of custom reports, dashboards). Our customers are usually in banking, transportation, healthcare, energy, etc industries.
The team is small (5 – 6 people), allowing us to keep tight communication and cozy atmosphere. Our focus is customer care: implementing customer requested enhancements, fixing product defects, treating urgent problems and keeping the product in line with the latest Security requirements and support trends in matter of OSs, DBs, WebServers, etc.. We’re delivering these changes periodically in Service Packs.
We are seeking for a qualified, highly motivated Quality Assurance Engineer (ideally QAE III or Senior QAE). He/she will have a key role in the team as the only QA, responsible for the overall quality of the product. Given the role, we need a person that takes ownership and understands the product as a whole. Also, the QAE will keep a very close communication with the DEV colleagues and in general in the team.
Activities: - establish and run the validation strategy/campaigns for deliveries (Service Packs, Patches) - define tests/run tests for the new implementations (stories, bug fixing) based on risk assessment of the affected areas - clear reporting of issues in the product based on “root-cause” analysis - provide real status of tasks and anticipate risks - work closely with development team in different investigations that are both on functional side (QA) and code (DEV) - documentation reviews and improvements - possibly requirements analysis tasks, establishing the feasibility/impact/estimation of incoming customer requests and write their content There is also a part of automated tests in the product that can be maintained and further enhanced.
The QA engineer must provide understand and follow the established QA process, with the liberty to propose/implement pertinent improvements/changes that bring value and make team’s work more efficient.
Suitable for a person planning to work on increasing their autonomy or make their way towards leadership.
At least 2 years of QA experience
• Good functional skills (able to understand a product as a whole)
• Able to wright clear and concise QA related documentation (test cases, issue reporting) and comments addressed to Support department/customers.
• Good knowledge and experience with UNIX operating systems
• Basic/medium knowledge and experience in working with databases (e.g.: Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL)
• Troubleshooting and analysis skills
• Proactive, able to quickly identify risk areas
• Ability to take ownership and decisions
• Good communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• Attention to details and rigorousity in carrying on his/her tasks
• Flexibility: adapt to team’s current needs and focus
• Experience using test management systems (e.g.: Quality Center)
• Basic script programming (e.g.: UNIX shell, Perl, Python) is a plus
• Knowledge of network and Internet standards (TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP) is a plus
• Experience using defect tracking systems (e.g.: Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira) is a plus
• Leadership skills is a plus
• Fluent or native English
This is what our candidates can expect from us if they choose to join our team:
- Career development: Employee career development is one of Axway’s major company values; and we are deeply committed to helping them leverage the promotion and job mobility opportunities that are right for them. In addition, Axway’s global presence creates opportunities for geographical mobility both within Axway subsidiaries.
- An important training plan (technical, product & functional) in order to insure your integration and your performance
- A competitive remuneration package and real benefits
- A future and a potential for growth in an international company
- A very friendly working environment with experienced professionals
- Get challenged with important tasks so they can show their full potential and obtain new skills
- Working time that can be flexible when needed - More paid vacation
- Open office space with various entertainment opportunities – table tennis, sports and more!
For internal use only!