Who are we?
Axway is a catalyst for transformation and a global leader in data flow governance. At Axway, we are connecting individuals, systems, business, and ecosystems across private and cloud networks. That means we need to make billions of transactions and data transfers across the internet understandable, predictable and manageable for our customers. From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries.
Our Dublin office is growing quickly, we’ve doubled in size over the last couple of years, delivering products that manage the full lifecycle of APIs from creation to governance to consumption. We create products for SaaS and for our customers’ own data centres.
What is the Opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner to join us in Dublin and help take our API products and tooling to the next level. This position will report to the Lead Product Manager for our API Management portfolio. You will be contributing to our solutions that help global enterprises manage the full lifecycle of APIs from creation to governance to consumption. We create products for SaaS, our customers’ own data centres and hybrid deployments.
We need you to understand developers not only as part of your development teams, but also as your end-users. Our customers are highly technical, and they rely on us to understand best practices in their field and to be sympathetic to industry trends in software development and architecture. This is a B2B product, so you will need to be able to shift between a highly technical world and a business-oriented value world quickly and easily, all the while ensuring that your decisions line up to satisfy buyers and end-users alike.
As a Product Owner in our API Lifecycle Team what will you be doing?
· Your primary focus will be on translating high level requirements and business problems into detailed requirements and designs and validating those proposed designs with internal stakeholders and customers.
· You will spend a significant portion of your time working closely with R&D teams, writing detailed EPICs, collaborating on User Stories and designing mockups.
· Collaborate with the Lead Product Manager, UX and development teams to translate the roadmap into an actionable prioritized backlog, ensuring our development teams are always working on the highest value items.
· Understand our customers through research and regular interactions with them so that you can effectively communicate their challenges and goals to the development teams both verbally and via use cases.
· Validate your proposed product features with customers, both in terms of how to execute them and priority.
· Retrospect new features and the entire product with the Product and Solution Management team so that we continuously improve our decision-making and rectify bad decisions quickly.
· Drive efficiency: Ensure that what you design and build with engineering has re-use across the company, build flexible solutions, rationalize existing services, modify and reuse when
Own the quality of your product, both in terms of robustness and user-experience.
What skills do we look for?
· Ability to turn the complex into the simple. You must be able to understand the problems of highly technical customers and translate their needs into well-defined stories for our development teams.
· Experience working on enterprise software products is essential. You need experience deploying applications or services in the cloud, Amazon, Azure or others.
· Knowledge of and some hands-on experience with APIs
· You make data-driven decisions and can clearly explain the rationale and principles behind them.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is
· Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, geographically-distributed environment.
· You have a passion for learning and constantly seek to improve your knowledge and skill set.
Role includes occasional travel.
· Bachelor’s degree or comparable academic training in User-Centred Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems.
· Master of Science or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
· 3+ years of progressive product ownership with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships with engineering.
· Experience in the creation of enterprise product solutions from inception to release with meaningful results measured in terms of customers, revenue and/or market share.
· Background with direct responsibility as a user experience designer, business analyst, presales consultant, or technical support engineer, a plus.
At Away we care about everything but know our employees are our most important asset. Employee career development is an important part of the Axway culture. We strive to promote from within, helping employees to create and follow a career path that is fulfilling to them, and meets company goals. Our global presence also creates career opportunities in other countries that employees are encouraged to explore. We provide a creative and flexible working environment where people are empowered to make a difference.