At Axway, we are connecting individuals, systems, businesses, and ecosystems as if they were peers of each other. That means we need to make billions of transactions and data transfers across the Internet understandable, predictable, and manageable for our customers.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about applying to Axway. To help you understand more about who we are and what we value, you can start with our culture and values, which are articulated in our R&D Manifesto.
What’s the opportunity?
We are building our next generation API Management and microservice management. We are building a hybrid multi-cloud solution that manages API traffic in all directions, leveraging istio.io and Envoy at its core, providing end to end visibility and security across all APIs and microservices.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer.
Our mission is simple – Deliver secure, highly available products for Axway’s Digital Business Platform. These products run *everywhere* so you will apply DevOps best practices to fully automate the build, deployment, QA and delivery and generate metrics from containers, hypervisors, cloud and physical devices. Are you up to the challenge of delivering the strategic products that drive Axway’s Digital Business Platform? If so, please continue reading.
The DevOps Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer that enjoys identifying, slashing, and monitoring technical debt to deliver secure, high-quality software products. We use virtualization, automation, configuration management and monitoring tools to improve efficiency, stability, and speed. If the tools don’t exist or meet our needs, we are not afraid to write or script them ourselves. Our team is highly collaborative and closely works with our R&D and Cloud Services organizations to provide the following services:
You have a passion for designing repeatable delivery process and implementing frameworks that enable products to flow quickly and safely to production with user feedback loop capability. You have a passion for automation and love to help developers and TechOps team members. You are proactive, always seeking ways to improve and simplify process through automation.
You will have experience supporting multiple product teams to fully automate the build, deployment, QA and delivery onto containers, hypervisors, cloud and physical devices. You have a software engineering background with good linux systems experience that you’ll draw from to support and drive DevOps best practices across the R&D product teams. In addition, you will:
* Minimum 3 years experience as a software engineer or developer.
* Minimum 1 years experience with Linux distributions, RHEL / CentOS preferred.
* Minimum 1 years experience on AWS developing, deploying or administering cloud applications.
* Programming in at least one programming language.
* Require minimal supervision and works well in a Agile/Scrum environment.
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Java build tools knowledge (Maven, GNU make).
* Knowledge of scripting languages such as bash, groovy, python, etc.
* Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
* Good understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, Interfaces, Routing).
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure on non-routine and highly complex tasks.
* Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a multicultural team spread across the globe (Bulgaria, France, Romania, Ireland, US, etc).
* Safeguard Axway and Axway customer data through compliance with Axway policies and the appropriate use of Axway equipment and facilities.
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree in CS/CE or equivalent
Axway is an EEO and AA Employer