Vice President, Sales – API
Axway, a market leader in governing the flow of data, is a software and services company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. Established in 2001, Axway serves more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries, with offices around the globe. Our award-winning products, solutions and services enable business-critical interactions by governing the data that flows across the enterprise, as well as data flows that span beyond the enterprise edge including partner communities, mobile devices and the cloud. Axway’s industry-leading offerings include: business-to-business integration, managed file transfer, secure email, data flow analytics and operational intelligence, process management, API and identity management, as well as professional and managed services, cloud solutions, and Software-as-a-Service.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Sales for our API business. This position is part of our North American Sales Team and reports directly to the SVP of North American Sales. The primary objectives for this position are to develop strategic accounts and acquire net new logos with an API focus while empowering our clients to grow their business profitably in a complex marketplace. The right candidate will be capable of building a team, and with his or her team to establish direct sales, a strategic territory plan and additional market development within target accounts with a specific concentration on API technology.
80% Direct Sales and Account Management activities:
• Leads a team of account executives to meet short and long term objectives
• Works with strategic customers and prospects to develop new sales cycles for Axway API solutions
• Works with existing customers to establish additional areas of opportunities for API solutions
• Meets monthly and quarterly revenue and bookings commitments
• Safeguard Axway and Axway customer data through compliance with Axway policies and the appropriate use of Axway equipment and facilities
20% emerging Market Services Strategy and Market Development
• Provides leadership and direction for API Sales team based upon customer and market feedback
• Works with existing customers to further develop their communities and provide new prospect introductions
• Develops summits and forums to bring Axway CIOs and prospect CIOs together to discuss API
• Provides leadership and direction for marketing programs targeted for the API business
Skills / Qualifications:
• Be collaborative and patient – open to alternative viewpoints. Appreciate “idea” exchange and encourage consensus & involvement.
• Reads people accurately and can identify strengths, weaknesses and potentials of his/her team.
• Skilled at getting individuals, teams and entire organization to perform at a high level while at the same time, embracing change.
• Can communicate a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done.
• Ability to lead, mentor and grow your team.
• Proven success in direct sales in API. Established network of contacts within the industry. Strong understanding of how the industry works, key constituents, and influencers.
• Ability to travel and work effectively with large number of clients and internal colleagues
• Ability to find/recruit new talent within the region
• Solution sales approach essential
• Ability to articulate value of solution and understand customer’s business
• Consultative sale around value and creating a solution for the customer
• Aggressive, motivated professional
• Ability to motivate and lead sales staff
• Experience in participating in technical activities such as: meetings, demo’s RFI/RFP, Proof of Concepts, Statements of Work, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing preferred
• Typically has a minimum of 15+ years direct sales experience in enterprise solutions and direct focus/experience in API solutions
• Experience at IBM, Layer 7, webMethods, Sterling, a plus
• 50% Travel required
Axway is an EEO and AA Employer