Axway, a market leader in governing the flow of data, is a software and services company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 2001, Axway serves more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries, with offices around the globe. Our award-winning products, solutions and services enable business-critical interactions by governing the data that flows across the enterprise, as well as data flows that span beyond the enterprise edge including partner communities and the cloud. Axway’s industry-leading offerings include: business-to-business integration, managed file transfer, secure email, business operations monitoring, process management, API and identity management, as well as professional and managed services, cloud solutions, and Software-as-a-Service.
The Principal Systems Engineer is a key member of a dedicated Cloud Global Infrastructure team providing cloud-based solutions hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) to Enterprise Customers. The Principal Systems Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership on the team in the areas of day-to-day operations and project implementation, in partnership with other technical resources throughout Axway, to ensure all SLAs and client expectations are met or exceeded.
• Perform day-to-day Cloud technical operational activities, including implementing changes, performing backups, granting user access, managing configurations, ensuring that scheduled jobs are completed, and administering the infrastructure
• Manage the lifecycle of all requests and problems that arise, driving for root cause of problems to prevent incidents from recurring
• Monitor overall system stability, health, and performance
• Act as the Technical Lead/Architect on key infrastructure projects
• Designs, implements, and maintains automation scripts
• Technical Lead and Owner for one or more of the team’s tools and technologies
• Participate in on-call and after-hours support and implementation activities as required.
• Safeguard Axway and Axway customer data through compliance with Axway policies and the appropriate use of Axway equipment and facilities.
• High level of proficiency with UNIX/LINUX, working in a complex IT infrastructure
• Intermediate experience in network connectivity, communication protocols, firewalls, NAT, VPN, DNS, LDAP, Load Balancing, and network troubleshooting
• Intermediate experience with Haproxy/Nginx, reverse proxy
• Excellent organization skills, ability to work well under pressure, and to meet deadlines
o Excellent Scripting skills (Python - preferred, Perl, Shell Scripting)
• Expert level troubleshooting skills
• Highly motivated self-starter and able to work independently
• Experience with ITIL Processes – Incident management, Change management, Problem Management
• Aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration capabilities
• Experience with IT Management and Monitoring tools such as Puppet, Nagios, and Splunk
• Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally at all levels, both orally and in writing
• Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred.
• At least eight years systems engineering and administration experience
• DevOps experience is a plus
• A US citizen or a lawful permanent resident with 3+ years of US residency is preferred
• Technical degree and ITIL Foundations qualification preferred.
Axway is an EEO and AA Employer